Wednesday 4 April 2012

Semi permanent lashes - London

As someone who is lacking in the eyelash department I have been keen to try semi permanent falsies. My first port of call was Glammalash www.glammalash.com. Yasmin will travel all over London for a prearranged fee to lash you up in the comforts of your own home.
I was surprised by the thickness and how rigid the lashes were, because of this it is important to try and touch your eyes as little as possible once they have been applied so as not to pull out any of the lashes, this includes washing your face removing makeup etc, this is a bit weird to begin with but in my opinion worth the overall effect, they really did look great and I have been given lots of compliments! The only thing I would say is that I did look like I was about to go for a night on the town all the time, which can be a little alarming at work! They are however perfect for an event or holiday. Thank you Yasmin!

Last night I decided to try somewhere a little closer to home. Love Lash www.love-lash.com is right around the corner from me so it couldn’t have been easier, but they do offer home visits if required.
A s I had recently had a visit from Glammalash I only booked myself in for a filler appointment but I soon realised the lashes used were a lot finer and all of them needed to be removed and replaced. The end result was very natural and a lot softer finish but due to limited time before the next client not quite as full as I would have liked, but as I am so close I can always pop back later in the week! I didn’t feel self-conscious about going into work today, and a bit of mascara will take me from day into night. They are expected to last for two to three weeks before the next filler and the same rules apply with touching your eyes to try and keep them intact for as long as possible.

Things to be wary of:
As with all fake eyelashes it is important to remember that you are literally gluing something to your eye so when the lashes fall out of their own accord or you accidentally pull them off your own lashes are going to be pulled out too, eyelash technicians recommend having a rest period every so often to let your own eyelashes recover.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tips!

    I've got blonde hair so I'm on the look out for brown falsies as opposed to black...

    Keep me posted if you come across any good ones!

    Mx

    ReplyDelete